“All things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, those people they know, like and trust.”
~ Bob Burg
I had the privilege to talk with author and world-renowned speaker, Bob Burg. Bob has authored several books, including the national best seller “The Go-Giver”, which he co-wrote with John David Mann.
To go straight to the conversation, click here.
The Go-Giver is a lesson we can all learn from. In the conversation, Bob talks about the 5 Laws of Stratospheric Success and how they all revolve around adding value to others.
Many people fall prey to working in their own self-interests (a Go-Taker). Bob turns that mindset upside down and talks about working to serve others first. In addition, one of his core messages is being receptive to making a lot of money as a result of the value we provide.
Here are Bob’s 5 Laws of Stratospheric Success:
- The Law of Value – Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation – Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence – Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity – The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity – The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
I hope you enjoy. Here’s a quick video that gives a great summary of the Go-Giver philosophy as well.
Thanks for reading (and listening). You can learn more about Bob at www.burg.com. Bob has his own blog and does some fantastic interviews with other thought leaders throughout the world. Be on the lookout as Bob has his newest book launching soon, “Adversaries into Allies.”
Again, click here to listen to our conversation.